Over the years, St Mary Magdalens has nurtured a number of vocations to the priesthood and religious life:
- Pauline Richardson, who lived with her parents in the parish and attended the Convent School of Jesus and Mary in Woodbridge Road, became a nun in the order of Jesus and Mary on leaving school in the mid 1950s. She served with her order in Bolivia and more recently in Syria.
- On 16th December, 1978, Fr Patrick Cleary, son of one of the founding families of the parish, was ordained priest by Bishop Alan Clark at St John’s cathedral in Norwich.
- Iain Mathew, son of a prominent Ipswich catholic family and regular attendees at St Mary Magdalens, became a Carmelite and was ordained priest July 2nd, 1986 at the Carmelite church in Gerrards Cross.
- Fr Michael Collis, a parishioner of St Mary Magdalen parish, was ordained priest for the Diocese of East Anglia by Bishop Michael Evans, July 10th 2010.
- More recently, Paul Nelson, a parishioner of St Mary Magdalens, became a religious brother. He is now Brother Dunstan OSB in the Benedictine community at Belmont Abbey, Herefordshire.